Ship Collage

This is an "oldie but goodie" stamp by TAC. I think it's been around awhile, but I just finally purchased it this month.

I used the markings on my Scor-Pal to quickly make a gate-fold card, but then turned it sideways for the layout. The patterned paper is from the Hemingway collection by TAC.

Here is the side view of the folds.

Before stamping the Ship Collage image with Palette Burnt Umber ink, I first used the Lemon Juice Technique. (Click on the top picture to enlarge it for a better view of this). This is something I hadn't done for a couple years but thought it would look great with this stamp. Although, it's pretty subtle on this particular card. Anyway, all I do is pour a tiny bit of lemon juice into the bottle's cap, dip my finger in it, rub it on the cardstock, then heat with my heat gun until it turns a nice golden brown color. You can control the darkness by the amount of juice and the amount of heat you use. It just gives a nice distressed look to the image.

I also colored a few spots with watercolor pencils and Tombow blending pen.

I'll show you another Ship Collage card soon!

Tootles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment