HOO loves you!

I've had this card done for a couple weeks, just hadn't taken pictures of it yet. And I've been busy making several Christmas cards!

But anyhoo....(heehee)

I love cards with puns and there are so many possibilities when it comes to owls. So here's one I made that says HOO LOVES YOU! on the inside.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (brown), Bazzill (green, blue)
Patterned Paper: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Sassafras
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamagic Tea Leaves and Aegean Blue
Other: Buttons, Brown Scrapper's Floss, pop dots


The little owl is cut out and adhered on a pop dot, as are the dotted clouds.


The inside.


Here's how I made the background clouds (before adding all the embellishments of course) - I used my Cloud scalloped scissors on a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask. Then I laid it on the cardstock and with a little piece of sponge, inked around the scallops.


Moved the mask and repeated. Different angles each time.


Just keep going until you get the look you want. There's no right or wrong because clouds are pretty random, lol.


I really like the look of this technique and will definitely try it again sometime!

I mentioned Christmas cards so stay tuned for a MAJOR Christmas card blitz starting tomorrow!

Make it a great weekend, Tootles!


5 comments:

Randi said...

This a great tutorial. Thanks for taking the time to make and post it. I love your site design.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for the tip on how to make the clouds! rita w

Cami said...

Great instructions Vicki! I think this is one of the best examples I have seen using a cloud scissors vs. a scalloped die cut to stencil clouds. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea. Your card is very cute!! Cami

Patti said...

Wow, this card rocks!! Great tip on the clouds!!

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this card! It's awesome. The clouds are spectacular!! I have cloud scissors but had always used scalloped circles for clouds. They are okay but not really the effect I am going for with clouds. Definitely going to make a template using my cloud sciossors! TFS!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Post a Comment