Hugs & Kisses pop up card

This fun card uses 2 different stamp sets as well as the "pop up" feature on the inside, made with a SU! Word Window Punch. Very neat effect but oh so quick'n'easy! I'll explain how in a minute.

First of all, I apologize for the wonky lighting in these pictures!

I used some of my new PaperTrey Ink cardstock and patterned paper which are quickly becoming a fave for me! The sentiment was in a set of 5 border-type clear stamps from Walmart that only cost $4.00!!! I didn't save the topper off the package so I'm not 100% sure of the brand but it MAY have been Autumn Leaves. The little bunny and the sentiment on the inside is from a mini clear stamp set by Inkadinkado.


Here's the inside. My base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" before folding, and the insert is 8" x 5 1/4". Score the insert at 4" down the center. Using the SU! Word Window Punch, slide it in all the way on both sides and punch a slot. Be sure the 4" score line is in the CENTER of the Word Window when you punch it.


Then I used my Scor-pal to make two score lines connecting the two punched windows (end of one to the same end of the other. Repeat at other end.) The pop-up section will have a mountain fold in the center, whereas the rest of the card insert will have a valley fold in the center. Adhere it to the inside of the card base, carefully matching up the center folds but do NOT put adhesive on the center pop-up section.

Sorry I don't have any step-by-step pictures or diagrams. Hope this makes sense to those of you who have never seen this technique before!


Here's what happens when you fold the card closed.

I'd love to see yours if you make one! Leave me a comment!

Tootles!

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

Lovely card Vicki ... love how it pops up!

Post a Comment