Scalloped Tree

Now this is not an original idea for me - I saw it while blog hopping. If I remember correctly, it was in a group photo of cards on display at some kind of stamping event. There was one card in particular that stood out to me. It had scalloped trees on it and here is my version:

Both trees were made with Marvy scalloped circle punches. Super jumbo (yellow punch) on the small tree and Mega (pink punch) on the larger one.

Here's the how-to: Simply punch a scallope circle, then measure in both directions to find the exact center. Mark it with a pencil and then use a ruler to draw lines from the center out to the scalloped edge creating wedges that you will cut out. I started out with a 3-scallop wedge and went up from there as you can see in the picture. The pencil lines will be on the back when you glue them down, so it won't show. I created the snow layer with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and tore it at an angle.

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set from The Angel Company called Greetings.


I sponged Brilliance Moonlight White ink on the edges of each tree layer for a "snow" effect and also used a Stardust clear glitter gel pen on the very edges of the scallops. I also used the glitter pen along the torn edge of the "snow" layer as well as each of the Swiss Dots.

I hope you enjoyed this fun little Christmas card!

Until next time, Tootles!



I would love to see if you make one! Please link directly to the post or picture, Thank you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I'm gonna have to remember this idea for next year!

Christina

Sarah said...

What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing your creation. I'll have to try this sometime.

Sarah G.

tracey said...

great projects
merry christmas
xxx

Dianette Seda said...

Really nice Christmas Tree! I want to try it out!

Angela K said...

I love this idea! Great card!!TFS

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card viki, I love the softnes of the scalloped trees and the bloom dots is and always has been a fav of mine.

Suzanne said...

simply lovely

Barb said...

Clever clever idea! Love the swiss dot embossing w/ the glitter pen accent... beautiful!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is a terrific way to use the scallop circle punch. I love getting more mileage out of my tools. I have made trees with square punches before but not the scallop circles. Thanks for sharing a great new idea for me to try!

Post a Comment