Scalloped Turkey

That title kind of sounds like I'm going to give you a new recipe, doesn't it! HAHAHA

But instead, it's actually a card I made using the Marvy Mega Scalloped Circle punch to make a turkey. This card also goes with Jennifer's and Kimmy's Fun-Filled Friday challenge - to use scallops on your card.

I saw a turkey like this on the internet somewhere and decided to try it myself. It wasn't hard to figure out at all. Go ahead, try it! You know you want to!

I used the Fiskars Threading Water Punch for the border strip.


I also used my Scor-Pal to make a diagonal grid pattern on the lower half of the card base (which is TAC Ivory cardstock).

Pretty simple, yet effective card.

Thanks for stopping by, Tootles!

7 comments:

Dianette Seda said...

What a really nice card and creative.

Sarah said...

Your scalloped turkey is really cute!

Sarah G.

Anonymous said...

So simple.... when you guess how! Many thanks, will have to try this one.

Marion, UK

Heather said...

How cute Vicki! you are so clever!

nic_d said...

Waaaayyy cool! Love the idea for making the turkey!!! You are so creative!

Marge said...

Hi Vicki,
I'd found your Half-Window card a while back & sent it to a friend for a get-well. I just posted it on my blog today, linking to you, as I wanted everyone to find your wonderful tutorial!
Well, then I saw your adorable turkey card & took your challenge to "try it; you know you want to"! Well, I did, and posted him too at: http://maricopastamper.blogspot.com/2008/10/hey-turkey.html (Sorry I still haven't figured out how to make my url one word in a comment! I'm still learning (after a year of blogging! ;-)
Your blog is fabulous & I want to come back when I have more time & look at EVERYTHING! TFS so many wonderful creations and tutorials!

Jennifer E. said...

This is so cute Vicki! Sorry I missed it last week. Thanks for playing with our Fun Filled Friday challenge!

Post a Comment