Ribbon Blossom card

I've been wanting to make one of these ribbon blossoms for quite some time. Well, last week they put up a great tutorial over at Splitcoast. You can find it HERE. The tutorial I'd seen before didn't tell me to tie the ribbons - No wonder I couldn't get it to work, LOL! This takes so much time and ribbon that I probably won't make another, but at least I can say I did it now! heehee

Here's my attempt at the ribbon blossom:
I think the ribbons needed trimmed some more to shape the blossom better, but I tell ya, it's no fun to chop all that ribbon off after working so hard on it, LOL!

I made this card for my friend Loretta - her birthday is this week. The stamp is from The Angel Company.


8 comments:

StampinCarol said...

WOW! This is beautiful!

Suzanne said...

very, very beautiful

Laurie Unger said...

Kewl! Your right - that is a lot of ribbon and time! I'm sure your friend will just love it, tho!

Bridgett said...

Beautiful card. I haven't ever made one of those ribbon blossoms...never heard of them before but it's wonderful! Your card is great and I love the stamp set!!! Hope things are going great with the house!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Debra Hensley said...

You're friend is very lucky to get such a beautiful card! All the time and effort it must have taken shows! Works perfectly with the sentiment.. nice job!

Rita, an Inky Friend said...

Beautiful!! Going to go and check out that tutorial - thanks for giving us the link. rita w

"Jany" said...

I agree with it needing to be trimmed but I don't think it will be easy, I know I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't waste so many beautiful pieces of ribbon. You did great!

nic_d said...

I really like this! I love the colors you have chosen and the awesome 3D element!

Post a Comment